Return to Password Utility
Automatic Logout After 3 Minutes
Once you've logged on, the app will automatically log you off after a period of 3 minutes of inactivity.
A short inactivity timeout is necessary when dealing with password changes.
Who Can Change Passwords
There are three levels of access, as follows:
Changing Another Person's Password
- Any user, including staff and students, may change his own password, and must know his current password to do so.
- Any staff user may change the password of any student user at her own site. Staff may not change passwords for students at sites
other than their own. Staff may not change passwords for other staff at all.
- A school TLC (Technology Learning Coach) may change the password of any staff or student user at her own site. TLC's may not change
passwords for staff or students at sites other than their own.
When changing another person's password for which you are authorized, you may not specify the new password. Simply enter the user's login id
and click the button. A new password will be generated for the user. Enter the plain login in only - do not enter the full email address. For example,
if the email address is 'email@example.com', just enter 'testuser'.
When changing the password of another user, the password is automatically generated, and you have no ability to set it to something specific.
Generated passwords meet the same requirements as below.
When changing your own password, the requirements are:
Viewing Passwords Of The Day
- For elementary school students, a minimum of 6 character in length. Nothing else is required.
- For all other students and staff, a minimum of 8 characters, and the password must contain at least one letter (A-Z upper and/or lower case) and at least one digit (0-9)
and at least one special character, such as !, #, or @, for example.
- You may not use the same password that you have used in the past, or simply add a number to the end.
- It's not required that you use both upper and lower case letters, but case does matter. An upper case A is not the same as a lower case a.
Generic accounts exist for various purposes, and are inherently insecure. Therefore, we change the passwords on a daily basis. Students are
not authorized to view any of these account passwords. Staff may view passwords to which they have been granted permissions. By default, all
staff may view the daily guest wifi password.
These passwords are to be shared only for their intended purposes. The guest wifi password is for the use of short term visitors, to use with
their own equipment to connect to our wireless network for Internet access only. It can not be used to login to our computers, and should not
be used by our staff or students for any reason.
It is strictly prohibited to print, email, broadcast, display or otherwise communicate these passwords regularly or in mass
for any reason. They are to be shared only for their designed purposes, individually with the appropriate parties. Abuse of this access will
result in removal of your permissions.
Return to Password Utility